New Year, New Blog!
Yes, I said it! New Year, New Blog! I started blogging to document my experiences as a mother of 6 children. Yes, I have a large and to some a very large family now a days. I wanted to keep a record of our lives, the good, the bad and the ugly moments.
The more I thought about it the more I realized that I don’t only want to document our lives, I want to do so much more. After a lot of brainstorming and evaluating, I think I’ve finally figured out what I would like this blog to stand for and accomplish. I’m sure that over time things may change, but for now I think I have really captured what this blog will eventually become.
What is it? Well tell us….
Well, ok ok! My blog will focus on raising happy, healthy and successful children as well as raising a happy, healthy and successful family. Raising happy kids and a happy family entails so much more than just providing a roof over their head, food on the table, clothes and gifts.
There are several key factors to raising happy, healthy and successful kids as well as a family in my opinion.
- As a parent, you have to take care of yourself first. Like the saying goes, “When on an airplane and you as a parent are told to put on the breathing mask first and then put one on your child.” If give everything to your kids, spouse and the house what do you have left to give to yourself. This is very important and vital to have a happy, healthy and successful family as well as kids.
- Nurture your relationships. The relationship with your spouse and friends are vital to your happiness. It is also important to teach your children to nurture and build relationships. (I will talk more about this in a later post)
- Eat dinner together as a family. (I will talk more about this in a later post)
- Teach self-discipline to your children. (I will talk more about this in a later post)
- Teach children how to express themselves in a positive and constructive manner. (I will talk more about this in a later post)
- And I have a few other suggestions.
Raising a happy, healthy and successful family takes intention. I have to have a plan and intentionally put it to use. I can not get up and just go with the flow and hope that I’m instilling morals, values and a strong work ethic into my children. I have to work just as hard to get them to understand why what I’m teaching them is valuable to their lives and will be useful in the future. I have to intentionally cook healthier meals to show them the responsibility of taking care of their bodies.
I’m really excited about where this year is going to take us and the journey that we are about to be on. Like I said earlier, “New Year, New Blog’!
Please tell me if you have any ideas for content you would like to see on the blog. I look forward to learning and growing with you.